Admission Notice 2017-18: B.A, B. Sc, B. Com
The admission process for B.A, B. Sc, B. Com Three-Year Degree Courses will start soon. Download the Admission Notice here>> or find it below:
Details about the courses
|Honours Courses||Seat Capacity
|Political Science Honours||77||Political Science|
|Honours in Accounting & Finance||107||B. Com|
|Mathematics Honours||28||Physical Education|
|*Courses are likely to be introduced from the current session.|
Courses of Study and Subjects Allowed
(following old pattern. New pattern may be introduced by the University)
B.A. Honours (Subjects)
- Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Economics, Music, Geography, Education.
- Students have to opt for two subjects (excluding the subject in which Honours course is taken) taking one from any two of the groups.
- Compulsory subjects: Bengali, English and Environmental Studies (Only for 3rd Year in Part—III).
Three subjects taking one each from the following three groups:
|· Group A||Bengali, English, Geography, Education|
|· Group B||Sanskrit, Physical Education, Mathematics, Political Science, Music|
|· Group C||History, Economics, Philosophy, Sociology|
B. Com. Honours: Accounting and Finance
B. Com General: All General Papers
B. Sc. Honours: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
B. Sc. General: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Admission of students commences as soon as the results of Higher Secondary Examination are declared by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. Details about the Admission Rules and Regulations can be found at the college website at www.bhattercollege.ac.in.
The students are admitted strictly on the basis of merit. The merit is determined as per the following rules prescribed by the University.
Students who pass Higher Secondary or equivalent examination(10+2) with minimum 45% marks in the aggregate (to be calculated by adding the marks obtained in “Best Five” subjects) or 50% marks in the subject or related subject are eligible to apply for admission in the honours course.
- Students carrying pass marks in at least five subjects are eligible to apply for admission in general course.
- Admission is done on merit basis. Merit point for admission in honours course is calculated by adding 10% of total marks obtained in the ‘Best Five’ subjects at higher secondary/ equivalent examination and the marks obtained in the subject or a related subject in which the admission in honours course is sought.
- Merit point for admission in General Course is calculated by adding the marks obtained in ‘Best Five’ subjects at higher secondary/equivalent examination.
- For admission in General and Honours course, a student must have passed in two language subjects of which one must be English at Higher Secondary/Equivalent examination.
- Any candidate seeking admission with Economics (Hons.) or Accountancy (Hons.) must have obtained 45% marks in mathematics in Madhyamik /equivalent examination or must have passed in Mathematics in Higher Secondary / Equivalent Examination.
- Students passing Higher Secondary Examination from Vocational stream, conducted by W.B.C.H.S. Education or any other equivalent Board/Council may apply for admission in General course only.
- Vidyasagar University has introduced CBSC System for the students of B.Sc. (Hons.) students from the current session.