The Department of English
The Department of English was established in the year 1963 and B.A Honours in English was started in 1995. Over the years it has been trying hard for teaching the English Literature and the Language among students of the region.
- The department has good collection of books (about 2100) in the Central Library and in the Departmental Library.
- There is a Video Archive of movies, documentaries and music collections. It publishes an online magazine The Golden Line (www.goldenline.bcdedu.net), ISSNs 2395-1583 (Print) & 2395-1591 (Online).
- It provides a number of services through the web at www.english.bcdedu.net.
- The department regularly organizes seminars, workshops, surveys etc.
- The department is fully ICT-enabled and the teachers make use of the latest technology for teaching literature and language. Students can access the internet at the department.
|UG||B.A. in English (Hons. & Gen.)|
|PG||M.A. in English through distance mode of education|
|Certificate||Six Months’ Certificate Course in Teaching English|
|Certificate||Six Months’ Certificate Course in Digital Humanities|
|Name & Qualification||Designation||Specialization|
|Dr. Pabitra Kr. Mishra, M.A, PhD||Principal||American Literature|
|Prof. Tarun Tapas Mukherjee, M.A||Assistant Professor & HOD||American Literature|
|Prof. Mir Ahammed Ali, M.A.||Assistant Professor||American & New Literature|
|Sri Santideb Dash, M.A||Guest Teacher||Indian Writings in English|
|Sri Thakurdas Jana, M.A||Guest Teacher||Indian Writings in English|
Departmental results of the last three years for honours students