Admission Notice for PG Courses in Bengali, English, History, Education for the academic session 2018-2019
This is for information to all concerned that the admission to the PG Courses for M.A. in Bengali, Education, English and History for the academic session 2018-2019 at Bhatter College, Dantan as Regular course under Vidyasagar University will be held as per the schedule mentioned hereunder :
|Submission of Online Application Form||From 07/05/2018|
|Last date of Submission of Online Application Form||21/05/2018|
|Date of Entrance Test for open category (40% of total seats)||To be announced later|
|Publication of Merit List for Counselling||To be announced later|
- Cost of Online Application Form : Rs.250/- (Rupees two hundred fifty only)
- To apply PG Courses visit college website : www.bhattercollege.ac.in/pg
Intake Details :
Seats for students under Vidyasagar University & affiliated autonomous college(s) affiliated under Vidyasagar University (60% of Total Seats)
|Sl No.||Subject||Intake Capacity||Colleges under V.U.||Gen||SC||ST||OBC-A||OBC-B|
Seats for Open Competition (40% of Total Seats)
|Sl No.||Subject||Intake Capacity||Open Competition||Gen||SC||ST||OBC-A||OBC-B|
N.B. : No seat for PwD candidates
SELECTION PROCESS FOR ADMISSION
For the students of Vidyasagar University and autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University (60% seat)
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis of marks obtained in the concerned Honours subject. In case of equal marks obtained in Honours, immediately preceding Examination are to be considered for ranking.
- As per order of the Govt. of West Bengal 60% of total seats in each subject will be reserved for the students of Vidyasagar University and autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University and 40% seats will be available for open competition.
- Quota for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B will be considered as per Govt. Order No. 906 Edn/Estt. Dated 18.09.1997. Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A 10%, OBC-B 7%) will be calculated and considered separately for 60% seats and 40% seats for Open Competition. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number.
- 3% of each category (Gen/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
- Prize holders at International/National/State representation in the last two years will be considered for sports quota provided that he/she participated in the Inter College Competition/Inter College Athletic Meet organized by our college in his/her tenure in UG level. The sports events are Football, Volleyball, Athletic, Yoga, Kho-kho, Kabadi, Chess, and Table Tennis. A committee will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.
- Prize holders in the International/National/State Meet in the last two years will be considered for Cultural quota provided that he/she participated in the Inter College Cultural Competition organized by our college in his/her tenure in UG level. A committed will be constituted to assess the performance of the applicants in the respective field.
- 1% of total seats of all PG Courses is reserved for Sports/Culture.
- The seats for General candidates in the subjects will be reduced by the No. of students selected for Sports/Culture quota in that subject.
- Normally 60% seats will be for the students of the Vidyasagar University and 40% seats for other open to all. This 60% and 40% may be relaxed in case of non-availability of the applicants in either category.
For Open Competition (40% seat)
- 40% seats in each subject are reserved for open to all (students of V.U. and autonomous college(s) affiliated to Vidyasagar University/Other Universities), which will be selected from the merit list of CET (Common Entrance Test).
- Minimum 45% marks is required for General Category to apply for admission in Bengali/Education/English/History through Open Competition (40% seat) and minimum 40% marks is required for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD candidate.
- Questions will be MCQ pattern; Full Marks-50; Total No. of Questions-50, Time-One and half hour.
- Questions will be set in English for all subjects except Bengali.
- Counselling will be held for 60% seats first and then counselling for 40% seats. The counselling will be held in the concerned department. The teachers of the concerned departments will be present at the time of counselling.
- The admission will be held as per the Rules and Regulations framed by the Vidyasagar University and Government of West Bengal.
- The admission will be cancelled if a student remains absent from classes for consecutive ten days from the date of admission without any intimation to the Principal/concerned Head for PG studies.
Following documents have to be brought by the candidate during counselling :
- Print out of the online filled up Application Form to be submitted at the time of counselling affixed with a passport size coloured recent photograph.
- Self attested photo copy of Admit of Madhyamik Examination.
- Self attested photo copies of all the Marksheets of Examination passed (10th Onword), University Registration Certificate.
- Self attested photo copy of SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD certificate issued by the appropriate authority. (if claimed quota)
- Self attested photo copies of the Certificate of Games and Sports/Cultural Competition (International/National/ State in the last two years. (if claimed quota)
- Self attested photo copy of the BPL Certificate of the parents issued by the appropriate authority. (if clamed for concession of tuition fees)
- Migration Certificate (for other university candidates only) must be submitted within two months from the date of admission.
- Application form, if not properly filled in and accompanied with attested copies of the documents as stated above, is liable to be cancelled.
- All candidates are required to produce all original Certificates, Mark Sheets and testimonials for verification at the time of Counselling and admission. Candidate or his/her authorized person is to be present at the time of Counselling.
- If at any stage, it is found that a candidate has concealed, suppressed or distorted any information/fact, in their application form, his/her admission to the university, if granted, shall stand cancelled.
Dr. P. K. Mishra
Bhatter College, Dantan
Dantan, Paschim Medinipur