General Instructions to Students Regarding Conduct and Discipline
- Students must not enter or leave the class without the permission of the lecturer when the class commences and continues;
- When the classes have assembled, students must not indulge in noisy or disorderly conduct within and outside the classroom. They must not loiter about in the corridors so as to disturb the class work;
- Students are asked to maintain order in classes so long as it has not re-assembled under another lecturer after periodic dissolution;
- Students must behave courteously with the members of the staff and their fellow students both inside and outside the college;
- Students should not indulge in malpractice of disfiguring and damaging college properties including the walls, the doors, windows and the furniture etc.,
- Students shall not do anything detrimental to the interest of the college;
- Students must attend their classes regularly and secure requisite percentage of attendance of lectures delivered before they are sent up for the University Examination. This should be treated as extremely important.
- Students should strictly adhere to the rules and regulations regarding conduct and discipline of the institution.
- Every student must carry his/her Identity Card issued by the college office, every day to the college and will have to show it when asked for by any member of the Teaching and Non-teaching staff of the college.
- Students without Identity Cards will not be ordinarily allowed to enter the college campus. Students are, therefore, asked to carry the identity card regularly without fail while coming to the college. It is mandatory for the students to show the card in the main gate before entering the college.
As per the judgement of the Supreme Court of India, the college strictly adheres to and implements stringent anti-ragging policies.
- First Part: From 1st July to beginning of Puja Holidays
- Second Part: From the date of opening of the college after Puja Holidays to Winter Recess.
- Third Part: From 1st January to Summer Recess
- The office opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 5 p.m.
- Classes commence at 10 a.m. and dissolve at 4.45 p.m.
- Each class is of 45 minutes duration.
- Cash counter remains open up to 2 p.m. and on Saturday up to 12 noon.
- Vocational Courses are held in the morning shift.
(In certain unavoidable circumstances the timings will be changed for a brief period as per notification to be made in due course). For students getting admission in 1st year General Course the class may be held in morning shift for which notice will be issued in due course.
Percentage of Attendance for Final Examination
Students of degree classes must have the following requisite percentage of attendance before they are sent up for final University Examination:
- Collegiate 75% and above;
- Non-collegiate – 60% and above but below 75%.
Students are allowed to appear at the final examination as “non-collegiate students” on payment of requisite condonation fee. Below 60% students will not be allowed to fill-up the forms for University Examination as per Regulation of Vidyasagar University.
Percentage of Attendance for Unit Tests
Students must have 60% of attendance in class before every Unit Test. Students failing to attend the requisite 60% of classes will NOT be allowed to appear in Unit Test.
A student who does not attend any class in a particular month, he/she will not be allowed to attend further classes, and his/her name may be struck off from the register.