Extension and Support Services
General Insurance for Students & Staff
The College has entered in an agreement with TATA AIG General Insurance Company for insurance cover of all the students and staff of the college. By virtue of this insurance the students and staff will get the following benefits :
- Accidental Medical expenses upto Rs.5000/- or the actual expenses whichever is lower.
- Accidental Death/Dismemberment/Permanent Total Disability/Permanent Partial Disability cover of Rs.1 lakh.
Scholarship & Stipends
- West Bengal Govt. Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- Minority Scholarship
- Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship
- C., S.T. and O.B.C. Stipend
- Stipend for Disable Students
- Sahu Jain Trust
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan
- Hamdard National Foundation
- From this session, it has been decided that students from each honours teaching department obtaining highest mark in the previous University examination, will be granted 50% concession of tuition fees. For first year students, the marks obtained in the H.S level will be taken into consideration.
The college offers two Memorial prizes :
- Sudhangshu Sekhar Das, Ex-Lecturer in Bengali for a student of Bengali Honours securing Highest Marks in his/her Honours subject in the Final University Examination among all the students belonging to Bengali Honours of the college.
- Harisadhan Bhattacharyya memorial prize, donated by Smt. Nirupama Bhattacharyya for a female student of the college of any stream securing highest marks in the final University Examination among all the female students of the
UGC-Sponsored Remedial Coaching
The college has started Remedial Coaching for students in order to help them especially with individual teaching, counseling and study materials.
Co-ordinator: Prof. Pranab Barman
UGC-Sponsored Coaching for Entry in Services
The college runs UGC-Sponsored Coaching Classes for various competitive examinations to prepare the students and local youth job-worthy. Coaching classes for WBSSC (Subjects: Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History and TET) and Primary TET have been organized so far.
Co-ordinator: Prof. Tarun Tapas Mukherjee
Career Counseling Cell
The college has set up Career Counseling Cell for the students of the college and local youth to provide training, information and counseling for various jobs.
Co-ordinator: Prof. Bibhuranjan Giri
Psychological Counselling Cell
Psychological Counselling Cell has been established by the Department of Philosophy to provide counseling and guidance to students in various matters relating to personality disorders, phobias, trauma etc to help them overcome the problems and follow a healthy academic life.
Cell for Prevention of Sexual Harassment
A cell for prevention of Sexual Harassment has been constituted to safeguard better safety to Female students of the college.
Free Health Check up Centre
The free health check up centre of the college runs on all working days excluding Saturday. Distinguished doctors are invited for giving free medical assistance. Only primary health care is provided to the staff and students in the centre and in case of any complicated disease the patients are given advice for further treatment. Facilities are available for checking Blood Sugar and E.C.G.
Co-ordinator: Prof. Amal Chattopadhyay
Attending Physician: Dr. Sujit Kumar Ghosh, B.Com., B.H.M.S.
National Service Scheme (N.S.S)
College has four N.S.S. units with teachers as Programme Officers. The units function towards the attainment of the following objectives:
- To encourage students to participate in social welfare activities
- To instill a sense of civic responsibilities among the students
- To develop leadership qualities among the students
- To grow in them the ability to work as a team.
Apart from Normal Camps, every year Special Camps are organized and the students take part in various social welfare activities. Besides, the NSS Units also organize Seminars, Workshops, Blood Donation Camps and actively help in organizing Book Fair and Annual Festival.
ISR (Institutional Social Responsibilities) Activities
The college is actively involved in extension activities relating to institutional social responsibility at various levels and the college, various departments, NSS units, Career Counselling Cell and teachers and staff individually take part in such activities sometimes independently and sometimes in collaboration with other government organizations, institutions, societies, the Alumni Association etc. The aim of such programmes are to contribute to the socio-economic and cultural development of the locality and to instill the sense of social responsibility among the students for making them better citizens of future. The college as set up an ITI for the local youth and organize a Book Fair as major ISR activities. The College runs a West Bengal Govt. approved Demonstration and Training Centre of Pisciculture in collaboration with Department of Fishery of Govt. of West Bengal, where local fishermen and farmers are given demonstration and training for increasing the productivity of fish. Besides, the following are the various ISR activities.
Annual Festival and Book Fair
From the session 2009-2010 the college has been celebrating its Annual Festival by holding a Book Fair. Book Fair 2012 was inaugurated by Prof. Barun Chakraborty, Noted Academician and Folklorist. A full-length statue of Swami Vivekananda was unveiled by Prof. Ranjan Chakraborty, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of Vidyasagar University and Prof. Kumar B. Das, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of Fakir Mohan University on this occasion. The Fair was graced by the presence of Sri Ujjwal Biswas, Hon’ble Minister in Charge, Govt. of West Bengal, and Mr. Biswas inaugurated Bhatter College Private Industrial Training Institute. Prof. Kumar B. Das, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of Fakir Mohan University released Bhatter College Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies. Thirty one publishers including Gita Press, National Book Trust, Progressive Publishers, Ananda Publishers, Udbodhan participated. An informative and analytical seminar with slide show on ‘Soura Jagater Natun Roop’ was held. Dr. Debiprasad Duary, Director (Academics), Birla Planetorium, Kolkata conducted the seminar very nicely. Two other UGC sponsored Seminars respectively on ‘Social Justice through Equal Opportunity’ and ‘Role of Govt. and Private Sector in Employment Generation for Youth’ were also held.