The Department of English
The Department of English was established in the year 1963 and B.A Honours in English was started in 1995. Over the years it has been trying hard for teaching the English Literature and the Language among students of the region.
- The department has good collection of books (about 2100) in the Central Library and in the Departmental Library.
- There is a Video Archive of movies, documentaries and music collections. It publishes an online magazine The Golden Line, ISSNs 2395-1583 (Print) & 2395-1591 (Online).
- The department regularly organizes seminars, workshops, surveys etc.
- The department is fully ICT-enabled and the teachers make use of the latest technology for teaching literature and language. Students can access the internet at the department.
|UG||B.A. in English (Hons. & Gen.)|
|PG||M.A. in English (Regular Course under Vidyasagar University). Number of Seats: 50|
|Certificate||Six Months’ Certificate Course in Teaching English|
|Certificate||Six Months’ Certificate Course in Digital Humanities|
|Name & Qualification||Designation||Specialization|
|Dr. Pabitra Kr. Mishra, M.A, PhD||Principal||American Literature|
|Prof. Tarun Tapas Mukherjee, M.A||Assistant Professor & HOD||American Literature|
|Prof. Mir Ahammed Ali, M.A.||Assistant Professor||American & New Literature|
|Sri Santideb Dash, M.A||Guest Teacher||Indian Writings in English|
|Sri Thakurdas Jana, M.A||Guest Teacher||Indian Writings in English|
- Student-oriented Tuition-free teaching-learning
- Free tutorials, study notes
- Dedicated faculty
- Rich digital classrooms and digital libraries
- Rich Video and Multimedia Archives
- International resource persons through online classes
- Seminar presentation preparation
- Professional English classes
- Hands-on Professional digital publishing
- Free Coaching for TET, WBSSC, NET/SET
- Short courses on Digital Humanities, Performance Studies
- Career guidance and counselling